Moodle for New Teachers
Instructions: Clicking on the section name will show / hide the section.
- Objective: Participants will customize their Moodle course, understand how to navigate Moodle, and leave with a basic understanding of how to add activities and resources to Moodle.
- Guiding Questions:
- How can educators use Moodle as a blended learning platform?
- Intro and Review the NISD Moodle Template and view Sample Moodle Courses (10 min)
- Basic Moodle Navigation (10 min)
- Edit Course Summary (10 min)
- Edit Teacher Block (10 min)
- Overview of Resources
- Overview of Activities
- Setting up Enrollment Keys for Students
- Reflection and Setting Goals
- Outcomes: Instructors will walk away from this training with a Moodle course that is ready for student enrollment and classroom use.
Commonly Used Resources:
- Share a picture, a pdf document, a spreadsheet, a sound file, a video file
- You can send the student to any place they can reach on their web browser (ie: Google Doc, Educational site, etc.)
- A customizable block for text, or an image used to separate resources and activities in a topic section.
Commonly Used Activities:
- Enable teachers to grade and give comments on uploaded files and assignments. Collect both files and links as submissions.
- Allows participants to have asynchronous discussions.
- Allows teachers to collect text, images, videos from students, review it and provide feedback including grades. The work students submit is visible only to the teacher and not to the other students.
I hope you have found this course useful and that it will help you create engaging content for your students. Upload a link to your Moodle course along with some goals that you have as you created an ideal digital learning environment for your students.